Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where is my phone?

Yesterday I needed to make some phone calls but couldn't find my phone. I looked for awhile and unsuccessful I decided to go about my day. I did some vacuuming, did the laundry and did some dishes. I kinda forgot about the whole thing. Well later I had to do some more laundry so I went down stairs and started to unload the load I did earlier as I was unloading I immediately thought oh crap I better not have washed my phone. I checked the pockets and I found a set of keys but no phone. Phew I thought man that really would have sucked. I finished unloading the load and at the bottom of the washer there lied my phone. I shook my head and said to myself "stupid stupid stupid" with a half grin on my face kinda laughing at myself and dreading the fact that I decided not to get insurance on my phone. Man why couldn't it have been Jesse's phone his has insurance on it I thought. I figured its just material it can replaced but it still really sucks since I have another 4 months till I can get a deal on a new one. Well once I realized I lost all my data I kinda got pretty upset. All my pictures and phone numbers were gone. That feeling was worse then the feeling that I ruined a $200 phone and somehow would have to come up with the money to get a new one that probably wasn't as nice. Anyway I went up stairs and of course Jesse was trying to make me feel better. "Don't beat your self up. Things happen. At least you didn't scratch and ruin a brand new 1,200 tv" (which is another totally entire story in itself) Still though it wasn't the phone as much as it was the data. Anyway of course I was also thinking of the money we had to spend to get a new one which we don't really have with all that has happened last month with the cars and getting ready for Masons Party. Anyway then I realized I guess I could use my old phone for awhile which will work for awhile but it pretty much dies as soon as I charge it so it was only a short time solution. I was still upset about the data. Then Jesse reminded me that most my contacts should be on the old phone. I can't believe I didn't think about that. I was so happy. I wouldn't lose all my phone numbers after all. Also Jesse informed me that if you take the phone apart and let it dry for a few days sometimes it will start working again and I should be able to get the rest of my numbers and pictures, it just wouldn't work very well if at all. So their was still the problem with getting a new phone since the old one wasn't really going to work out since it dies so quick and I drive to salt lake for work and sometimes with a baby. Also winter was coming up and Jesse really doesn't want me to have a dead phone when I Drive all that way. We were about to go to the mall to look at phones when I said "wait a minute when I got my credit card they told me that if I pay for my phone with my card then it is insured." So I called them up and sure enough that is the case. They cover the amount of the phone minus $50 up to a max payout of $100. Since I paid about $130 for it I would get $80 toward a new phone. Then comes the bad news, in order to have a claim approved I had to have the original sales receipt. Come on now people who saves the sales receipt for that long unless your OCD or something. Ok so I do usually try to save the receipts on the big things like that but they usually end up lost somewhere since I am so unorganized. I would probably call it reverse OCD. (JK) anyway so I thought maybe Verizon had some documentation of when I bought the phone and how much it was. So I called them. First I was asking if I would get any deals on a phone and the guy was all "well you can in 4 months" and I said "well I kinda need a phone now cause I washed mine in the washing machine." "Oh he said well you have insurance on your phone so all you would have to pay is the $50." It took me back for a sec cause I never add insurance to my phone. I was afraid to say anything that would make him take that statement back. I said "well is the insurance on the other phone" He said "yeah you have it on both" I was like are you sure I don't remember doing that" "Yes I'm sure he said" what a relief I thought. Man so the whole situation wasn't as bad as I thought. So I called the insurance people and now I am getting a new phone today. Now that I think about it I slightly remember adding the insurance thinking I'll just take it off later cause I'm sure I wont need it and it is a waste of money. I guess God was looking over me cause I totally forgot about it and this is really the only time that I really needed that insurance. It's funny cause to me it is still a waste to keep it because if you think about it I have had a cell phone for about 7 years and if I paid the $6 a month for all that time that adds up to a whopping $420 and I only really used it once. Well Jesse doesn't agree so more then likely it will stay for this phone and future phones as well. All I know is now that I have paid for it and didn't miss the money I am glad cause I would be missing even more money now. Anyway so as I was finishing up this blog there was a knock at the door, so I got up to answer it and there was the delivery man handing my my phone. That is so Crazy I just called them after 6pm yesterday and I already had the phone in my hands just before 10am and it shipped from TN. It is a crazy time when you get a package from across the country in less then 16 hours.

1 comment:

Flee said...

YAY for you! That is awesome! I'm so glad that everything worked out. What kind of phone did you get? I had a similar problem with mine recently. Instead of getting a new one, Dave just sent me his old one. Worked out nicely I think.