Thursday, October 30, 2008

scarieness in the crib

The other day I put Mason down for a nap. Now the way the bedrooms are set up are you have to go into one to get to the other. Mason is in the back bedroom so it is hard to hear him so I have a baby monitor to let me know when he was crying. Well Mason was indeed crying but I decided to let him cry for a few minutes in hopes that he would fall asleep.

Well I went out to take the trash out and when I came I didn't hear anything so I was like YIPPY now I can get some stuff done. Well I went to the bathroom and I heard some little bangs and scratching on the front bedroom door. My first thought was dang cats now Mason is going to wake up However then At first I heard Mason clear as day but this time he was just talking away making his little noises. I open the front bedroom door and he is right in front of it. I freaked out. I ran into the back bedroom and the railing to the crib was on the ground. I know I put the railing up cause I remember tied the bumper to the back side of the crib and I had to stretch to tie it. I am so glad Mason didn't get hurt.

Anyway I went to the net and did some research. Apparently Masons Crib recall that happened a couple weeks ago. I guess something with the trigger lock causes it to go of track or something and it creates a gab that a child could suffocate in. I guess 2 kids have died from it which isn't a lot but it is enough to freak me out. So I called Delta the crib manufacturers and it will take 3 weeks for me to get the replacement part. Some recall website or official product safety website said to stop using the crib until you get it fixed. I called them to let them know what happened and asked that what they expect me to do until I get the parts and they said oh its safe don't worry. What the frick if it was safe why did they recall it and if it was safe why did the railing fall of my crib. HELLO. So there solution is not to pull the railing up and down until I get the parts. I guess that what causes it to go off track So that is what I will do and I will make sure and check that is on track when I put him down. I will still worry a bit when I put him down to sleep. I don't know what else to do. If I had the money I would probably just go get a new crib. I hope their solution works.

2 comments:

Flee said...

DANG! that is so scary! i'm sorry that happend. I hope everything works out for you guys. Cribs are so expensive it stinks when something goes wrong with them.

AmberBaker said...

Wow - that's scary Rachel! I'm glad Mason is okay.

FYI: we will be up in Heber for Thanksgiving week. If you are free you can come visit us and I'll take some pictures of Mason. We don't have a car, so I can't drive to you though.